“Sri K.Pitchi Reddy Educational and Welfare Society” (SPREAWS) is a grassroots, Secular, Non-Governmental, Non-Profitable, Non-political, Voluntary Organisation. SPREAWS was founded in 1994 by a group of men and women with social consciousness. It was registered as a voluntary social service organization under Andhra Pradesh Government (A State Government in Indian Republic) Societies Registration Act of XXI of 1860 on 20.10.1994 bearing Regn.No. 544/1994. It is also registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) of the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Central Government of India, to receive foreign donations directly from International donors/agencies. FCRA No. 010160408, Dated 20.12.2006.
It has been working for the empowerment of Daliths, tribals and other indigenous marginalized people in Kadapa District of Andhra Pradesh both in rural and urban areas.
SPREAWS has got good infrastructure and outer structure in the local society. It has a responsible position in the society. It has become a part of the local people’s daily activities as their sorrows and joys. It endeavours loftily to find means and ways to find solutions to the routine grievances of the needy people who are in needs and problems. The organisation works directly with the people. It has direct contacts with the people. It has good-will among the people. The organisation has responsible relationships with the other organisations, committees, Groups as Women Groups i.e., Self-Help Groups, DWCRA Groups, Networks of other organisations, NGO’s and other social structures. We work in coalition altogether with mutual cooperation and coordination of the people.
SPREAWS is rendering its services in 43 backward villages in Kadapa District and in the slums of Kadapa City in Andhra Pradesh, India (Country). The target communities are from the lowest strata of the socio-economic-cultural milieu. The total number of people directly and indirectly benefited from the services of the organization since its inception, is 14,450.
This organization has started 30 Community Based Groups in 25 villages, which are in drought prone area and continuously providing various inputs like Leadership building, management systems, problem solving tools through training programmes and village level meetings.
To develop those who are disadvantaged educationally, economically, socially and culturally through self-help and self-governing collective development activities. In short “TO HELP THEM TO HELP THEMSELVES”.
(1) To Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger among the marginalized communities by implementing various economic development activities so that they can support themselves as well as their families,
(2) To establish and run Educational Institutions like Primary schools, High Schools, colleges, Technical Institutions, coaching centers, professional courses like Medical technician courses, Lab, Sanitation, Multi Purpose Health Workers Training, Adult Educational, child care centres, crèches, and all other useful training and professional course in order to improve the education among the poor.
(3) To strive for elimination of gender disparity in the society, and implement women and girls empowerment programmes
(4) To strive for reducing the mortality rate among children under age of five years,
(5) To educate the women of all communities, about her self’s health care, child health care, family health care and neighbours health care system on the basis of preventive and curative measures, and thus to reduce the maternal mortality rate
(6) To increase knowledge among people regarding the preventive methods of HIV/AIDS, Malaria and other diseases and thus make efforts to combat the spread of various diseases.
(7) To impart environmental education to the communities and enhance their capacities in the effective sustainable management of common property resources.
(8) To raise and receive donations from members and local people in our Country and Donors of Foreign Countries in view to run the programmes for the benefits of the people in the areas, To make efforts for Developing a Global partnership for Development.